Kirwin, Wyoming... My Favorite Place

Kirwin is probably a place that most people haven't heard of. Its an old mining town that has been abandoned for years and is only accessible by authorized off-road vehicles. Its nestled at the bottom of Brown Mountain, a peak that is a part of the Rocky Mountains, and the Wood River flows right by it. Strangely enough, I found myself here searching for a treasure. Yes a treasure. Long story short, its one of the most interesting and stunning places I have ever been. Most of you probably know who Amelia Earhart is. Well, she was having a cabin built in Kirwin, because she loved the seclusion, but the construction was halted when she disappeared during flight in 1937. If you visit Kirwin, you can see the ruins of her cabin, along with a few other buildings including a post office. It truly is one of the most mesmerizing places I have ever been, and I go back every time I get a chance. P.S. I'm still searching for the treasure.


Kirwin, Wyoming. A photo taken on July 4th, 1905 that shows the early settlement of the town. 
Source: Wikipedia  
 

Comments

  1. My husband used to live in Wyoming, Jake... and I think he would very much like to move back there too. I don't know about all that snow, but it sure does look beautiful! Now I'm thinking maybe you should go on a treasure-quest in the snow-covered Himalayas, with clues from the epics leading you to where the treasure awaits! :-)
    Treasure Legends of India

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Doctor... Hopefully

Week 12 Story: Demon of a Hundred Faces