My Storybook Favorites

Storybook #1: Mermaids: An Eternal World of Waters
- The idea of Mermaids has always been an interesting thought to me. The stories behind them are so interesting, and you can't help but to think if they truly exist. I have done my own fair share of reading about mermaids whether it be folklore or science fiction. The introduction to this specific story does a great job at luring you in to the mysterious. It uses great imagery to really encapsulate you and put you there in the story. The writer does a good job at using images to further illustrate their words. The layout is seems good, and keeps the attention of the reader. Overall, this story offers an interesting narrative that shows off the possibilities that surround the ideas of mermaids.

Pirates of the Caribbean, Moviecarpet
Source: Mermaids

Storybook #2: Mount Olympus Gossip
- When it comes to Greek gods and mythology, I am fairly familiar. I have a total of seven animals, and five of them are name after Greek gods or goddesses. My favorites are Zeus, Apollo, Ares, Athena, and Hera. The introduction to this story book is very informative. It not only introduces you to a number of the gods and goddesses, but also tells you what they are the god or goddess of, as well as characteristics of their personalities. While this storybook used less images than the previous one, the words of this story speak for themselves. One image at the end of each section almost seems to be plenty with how rich the words are.

Greek Mythology: Mount Olympus 
Source: The Olympians

- This story seems to be going over some of the eerie or weird things that have happened at the University of Oklahoma that many people may not know about. I've heard some stories myself, but this storybook offered some interesting new ones that I had never heard of before. The introduction is both funny and informing, letting us know what we are getting into. The introduction definitely sets the mood for the rest of the story. The design of the storybook is interesting in that instead of uses pictures of ghosts or something of the sort, it uses simple images like a magnifying glass. This is something that I can see myself doing in one of my projects! 

University of Oklahoma Campus Pictures
Source: flickr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Doctor... Hopefully

Week 12 Story: Demon of a Hundred Faces