Project Topic Brainstorm

The first topic that I would consider doing my project over would definitely be the Hindu deities. I've always found gods/goddesses an interesting topic in every context. If a were to do a project over this topic, I would look for something that involves at least a few of them. Writing about all of them seems to difficult, but I feel like writing about just one wouldn't be as interesting. A story that seems promising to me is Tales of Durga. This story seems to have many important characters, but not too many, so it would be a good model for me to go off of. I would like to learn more about how the gods relate to each other, and what their specific stories are.

Then, the next topic that comes to mind to use for the project would be karma. Using karma as a topic would allow me to have a lot of action and plot twists in my story which is something I enjoy. I like when the choices a character makes in a story effect them down the road (whether it be good or bad). I like the idea of having a character do something small that doesn't seem like a big deal, but in reality it has a huge consequence later. A past project that looks interesting to me is Karma Tells All where the central theme is "what goes around comes around," which is the plot I would be going for if I were to do a project surrounding karma as well. I would like to learn more about how this specific use of karma came to be, and how else its been used in this context.

Also, another topic that could potentially be on my list is reincarnation. This seems like something that would simply be fun to write about and would have so many plot possibilities. Making story that either focuses on a characters past life, or even focusing on their current life but explaining the reincarnation would be something that would be interesting to me. I would probably do a project over nirvana, and how reaching that state ties in with reincarnation. A past project that seems similar to something I would want to do is Women Reincarnate. This story doesn't directly show the connection between reincarnation and nirvana, but it does a good job at using reincarnation as a topic. I would like to learn more about how reincarnation is connected to nirvana, and why the two are specifically related.

Finally, the last topic that would make in on my top four list as of right now would be Epic Heroes/Heroines. I've always been a sucker for these types of stories, and have always been a fan of the typically hero story. If I were to make a project over this topic, I feel like I would enjoy writing from the perspective of one hero. One of the comics that seems to have a good plot, and many twists and turns is Vasantasena, A Dancer and Her Most Precious Jewel. This seems like a story that would be great to retell from exclusively Vasantasena's point of view. There is a lot that I don't know about the many heroes/heroines, but I would like to know if they all come from the same time, or if they are all from different time eras.

The Gods and Goddesses of Ancient India

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Doctor... Hopefully

Week 12 Story: Demon of a Hundred Faces