Week Two Reading Overview

Personally, I think the Public Domain Edition is going to be my choice for the Ramayana reading. The first thing that caught my attention about this option is the audio that is available. I love listening while reading along, it helps me understand things better, and since this topic is completely new to me, this was a huge plus. On top of that, this version is completely free and that's definitely nothing to complain about! In regards to the comic books, it took me a while to find ones that seemed interesting to me. The last category I clicked on was the Deva/Devi because I had no clue what it was, but once I released that it stood for god/goddess, I knew I would find my favorites. The first one I looked at was Ganesha: The Remover of All Obstacles. Immediately after reading the summary, I wanted to read the whole thing. The summary explained how Ganesha came to be, and it sounds like a very interesting story, so I definitely want to check that one out. The next title that caught my attention was Surya: How the Sun God Was Tamed . Again, after reading the summary, there was so much going on that I had zero knowledge of, but the plot seems great and this is another one that I will want to read. When browsing the videos, the first one that caught my eye was Indian and Greek Mythological Parallels. I know a fair bit more about Greek mythology, so finding some commonalities between the two would be very interesting! The next video that seemed interesting to me was The Source - Who Created the Universe?. This has always been a topic I like to talk about with people and discuss ideas about. This video will definitely be one that I will be interested in.

Balarama Diverts the Yamuna, as Krishna plays the flute
Source: Indian Epics

I chose this image because I've heard the name Krishna multiple times, but never knew where it came from. Also, I have no clue what the relevance of the flute is, but it seems important.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Doctor... Hopefully

Week 12 Story: Demon of a Hundred Faces